Friday, June 22, 2007

Get On Your Job!

Have you ever gotten on the expressway and got off on the Hacks Cross exit and felt like you were in an entirely different city? Or what about The Avenue Carriage Crossing? Ever wished there was a CLEAN strip mall like that in your neighborhood? It is so important for people to be involved in their communities because one day someone could drive into your neighborhood & become impressed. A lot of times I wonder what changes could be made in my neighborhood to get it to where it could be.

Problems (In My Opinion):
  • Unruly Children
  • Littering
  • Loitering
  • Domestic Disputes
ALL of these problems go back to one solution: PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARING!

If you actually care about your neighborhood, you take your children to the park instead of allowing them to play unsupervised in the front yard or in the middle of the apartment complex! If you care about your neighborhood, you throw your trash in the trash can, not in your neighbor's front yard. If you care about your neighborhood you don't loiter outside. FOR WHAT?! That just looks TACKY in my opinion! Last but not least, if you care about your neighborhood you don't "bump" your music SUPER loud so that everyone knows you're "BALLIN!" There should be no competition. We live together, and we should work together to get the neighborhood the way it should be and KEEP it that way.
I often wonder if other people see the neighborhood the way I do. I'm glad I live on the "good side", but I'm not willing nor am I ready to see my neighborhood go down. It's VERY important to be involved in your communities. If you don't get involved and fight for a better community, who will? YOU live there not the mayor, not the city council members. Get On Your Job!

No comments: