Tuesday, June 26, 2007

SUPER PRODUCTIVE DAY!

Today was a really good day.
Like yesterday, we split up into groups, but this time, each group had an adult. We rode to Alexander Ave. off of Central (?)...I Think that's Central. Anyway: We were on Alexander. We each took a side, and we went. The assignment was to take photos of houses similar to the ones we saw yesterday, and to go back to the school and print information on the value, renovations, owners, etc. from the Shelby County Property Assessor Site. In MY group we found that the homes were built around the same years, however the ones on THAT side of the tracks averaged to be a whole $75,000 more expensive than the ones on the other side. VERY weird!

After that, we watched a VERY interesting film on the James Kennedy VA Hospital. Ever since I can remember, I've heard people mention the "old VA hospital", but i've never gotten a chance to hear about the details from someone who was there. I was like "Ohhhh Lord! A BORING FILM! AHHHHHH!" But it was great! I learned about the history of the street, Getwell, and how some people even migrated to Memphis to help out. I even learned (from my mom), that my granddad died there in 1963, just two weeks before she was born. After the film, the day was done, but I'm SOOO glad I got to watch it, and I can't wait to learn more about it. (Perhaps when its NOT 12:11 AM!) lol

-skylEr!

No comments: