Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BACK 2 DA BASICS


What's up world!!! This is Shay logging in for the last time at the work house. I am originally from South Memphis, Tennessee. I now live in the East Memphis area, but this summer I worked in a neighborhood that I was unfamiliar with. Majority of my fellow employees were from the Messick-Buntyn neighborhood which made me feel uncomfortable because I had no prior knowledge of this community that I was placed to work in. However, I am happy to say that this experience has changed my perspective of how I interpret what others say because this summer I have learned more about a neighborhood that those around me target as problematic.

Will I use the skills that I have learned later in life? Of course. I mean I enjoyed the cool technology that we used throughout the summer, and when I attend college if I need to incorporate some of the skills that I learned this summer then I will. Also, I received insight on power points which I enjoy doing, and I am aware that my senior year will be filled with power points (thanks Mr. Andrew, Patience, and Mr. Charlie for the tips). Mapping just might be in my future.