Monday, July 16, 2007

I Hope I Don't See a Dog

ArcPad can be used to capture, analyze, and display geographic information. It is a software for mobile GIS and field mapping applications using handheld and mobile devices. The mobile device that we used to distribute ArcPad on Friday 13, 2007 was a Global Positioning System(GPS). The GPS enabled me to keep track of my direction and location. Although it is supposed to be sufficient, if you stood still in one place it would power off causing the track log to dis assemble. When I realized that the GPS wasn't keeping track of my every step I began to get worried. However, it assured me that it was still aware of my every location .
As I began on my journey to discover the problem properties in the Messick Buntyn area, I realized that there were less than I expected. The neighborhood acquired a lot of problem properties, but with all that I had heard about the Messick Buntyn area I thought it would be more than I saw. In my opinion, every time I turned a corner I was prepared for an abandoned house here, there, and everywhere, but to my surprise they weren't cluttered like that. So, journeying through the Messick Buntyn community did not change my views on problem properties, but it did help me to realize that you can't believe everything you hear.
By the way, the reason I titled my blog "I Hope I Don't See a Dog" is because during the time of the hunt for problems properties that is the only thing I could think about!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've ever seen this page...This is so wonderful. As a student of the MCRP program at U of M, I hope that when you graduate high school and decide what is it is that you want to do when you grow up, that give planning a chance. You can take a degree in planning get into real estate, neighborhood/community development, and really any other industry. Like I said earlier this so great, and ya'll getting paid too!!!! - AMJ

Vickie Peters said...

Great job! You are learning skills that some of our students take a LOOOOONG time to master. I am enjoying your comments and especially your photo map. Are you going to do one that shows the photos of problem properties? Keep up the good work.