Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In Retrospect......

This summer was like something I've never experienced before. I learned so much in so little times. Not to mention, the great team I worked with. My favorite person out of the whole group would have to be Skyler. She was such a unpredictable person. She was very cool to work with, and she has such a beautiful voice and she always so joyous and such a spirit lifter. I'm not going to say my least favorite person because that would be kind of mean. LOL! And our supervisors Mr. Andrew Trippel, Mr. Charlie Santo, and Mrs. Patience Jarrett-Beck were MARVELOUS! They were so fun to be with everyday!! They taught us so much. The information I've learned this summer is something that I will value and cherish forever. But ovreall this summer has been great.We used the ArcPad software with the GPS hand held. ArcPad is software for mobile GIS and field mapping applications using handheld and mobile devices.These things were the size of a calculator!! We learned things in a week that some college students don’t learn in a 3-6 months. It was such a learning experience to work in this field this summer. We learned some new terminology that city planners use on a daily basis. I think I speak on behalf of all my co-workers when I say that this was a learning and fun-filled summer.

No comments: