Sunday, July 8, 2007

My Feelings On Problem Properties

Anyone who knows me will tell you: I've got BIG dreams! I have things planned that noone else would ever think of. I HAVE to go to MTSU, get married by age 26, and three years later begin starting a family and eventually have three to four children and a red Dodge Caravan with cloth interior parked in our three car garage at our five bedroom, 3.5 bath home in Murfreesboro, TN. This sounds SUPER crazy to some, but its my plan. A pretty good one, I think. I chose Murfreesboro because of its suburban setting (population of 75, 468), and its low crime rate (778 violent crimes per 100K people in 2006, compared to Memphis' 1, 860 per 100K people). Also, I took into consideration the property values. I checked on the number of vacant homes in different areas of the city and I was content. Problem properties are a HUGE problem in my neighborhood, and in this city. Whether its a vacant home, a "traphouse", or one with residents that isn't up to code: They're a problem! Believe it or not, problem properties coincide with my dreams. I'm planning on having a family and if I'm going to raise children, I can't live near a problem property. Problem properties would open my children's eyes to a world of crime, trouble, and other negative ideas and actions that I wouldn't want them seeing. Also, problem properties wouldn't allow my children the chance to be children. They'd be forced to stay inside and in sight all of the time. Whether it be an abandoned house used as shelter for the homeless, a boarded up home used as a dumping site for residents, a brothel, or a "traphouse", I wouldn't raise my children next to it. I wouldn't even raise them in the same community! My dreams are very specific and problem properties DON'T fit into them!

A traphouse is a house used for the distributions of illegal substances.

No comments: